What is MACT?
An innovative health care delivery model that allows patients typically treated in the hospital to be cared for at home.
What are the criteria for this program?
Location: Patients must reside in Manhattan
Covered Diagnosis: Patients who require a monitored setting such as the ICU, telemetry or Step down, or who are on Hemodialysis cannot be enrolled.
- Community Acquired Pneumonia
- Congestive Heart Failure
- Chronic Obstructive Lung Disease/Asthma
- Venous thromboembolism (DVT/PE)
- Urinary tract infection
- Medicare Fee for Service
- Health First Medicare or Medicaid
- Sinai Select
- More insurances will be added – so please check with MACT for their current, more updated list
How to consult MACT?
Potential patients can be discussed with the MACT On Call Provider 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at 212-241-1101
Things to keep in mind
- Patients need to be admitted by 2pm M-F to arrive home the same day.
- Patients Admitted after 2pm Sun-Thursday may be boarded in the RETU while awaiting next day MACT Admission